Thursday, February 24, 2011

ONE!!!

"Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes. How do you measure, measure a year!" ~ABBA
How can you measure a year full of beautiful blessings? February 25, 2010 God blessed our family with our sweet, little Julianne Avery Berridge. She was born at 8:01 am. She weighed 7 lbs. 6 oz. and was 20 inches long. She had a head full of dark hair, blue eyes and looked just like big brother, Jarrett.

Since I don't think I could list 525, 600 things about her, I'll stick with 12. One for each month of her 1st year of life!

1. She is a little diva! She knows what she wants and when she wants it! (And she usually gets it!)
2. She sucks her first two fingers when she's tired. The boys always had a pacifier....not Julianne!
3. She has 8 teeth! What a mouthful for a 1 year old!
4. She has NEVER had any formula. I'm really proud of this one. I was determined to nurse for the first year. Through a lot of prayer and patience we made it!
5. She never passes up a meal! I hope she can keep a girlish figure! :)
6. Her smile lights up a room. The best smile she gives is to Daddy when she hears him come through the door each night.
7. She's very friendly. She says, "Hi" to everyone at the store.
8. She also says, "Uh-oh, bye-bye, Mama, Dada, and nigh-nigh" (and whatever else the boys "think" they hear her say)!
9. When you pick her up she pats you on the back...super sweet!
10. She loves to laugh at her brothers. And they love making her laugh!
11. She's a Mama's girl and I LOVE it!
12. She's our miracle. I prayed (and so did a lot of other people) for God to move in Brett's heart to prepare him for a third baby. And now, we can't imagine life without her!

This has been an amazing, difficult, fun, exhausting, blessed year! In this year there has been laughter, tears (lots!), adventures, long car trips, doctor visits, adjusting to daycare, chronic ear infections, tubes in ears right before Christmas, learning to roll, SLEEP, sit, crawl, pull-up, cruise around things, talk, cutting teeth, fun diapers, and the list goes on. I wouldn't trade these moments for the world! Today is a bittersweet day. I'm so sad that my baby girl is no longer a little baby. But I'm also so glad to see all that she has learned and how much she's grown this year. I'm excited to think about what next year holds for her, and the next, and the next.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
Brett and I have 3 of those gifts in our home. It is our privilege and honor to be their parents!

Happy Birthday, Julianne!




2 comments:

The Junods said...

Such a precious post and its been too long! Girl, your blog is so cute. Julianne is adorable and I cannot believe she is ONE! I love all those details. Girls really are so different and I completely understand the joy you have. Even having a girl makes you love your boys more. They are all so special. Hope you have a Happy Happy Birthday with your sweet girl!!! Blessings to her and another year!!

Melissa said...

Yay for blogging! You must do it more. :) Yay for Julianne! It also makes me super sad. I still remember you coming down the street to hold Makenna when she was so tiny. She's proof of how fast it flies by. I love your girl...and that you have a girl. Happy 1st!